Fully Enjoy the Setouchi Island on a Custom-made Cycling Tour in Etajima!
- Kesto: 180 Minuutit (noin)
- Paikka: Etajima-shi, Hiroshima
- Tuotekoodi: EN-HSM-4037-40372
Join a custom-made cycling tour in Etajima accompanied by a friendly guide. Discover spots with superb views, local food, and experience that only the locals from Etajima know. The guide will propose the best course for you by compiling contents suitable to your interests.
- Only 1 hour from Hiroshima city! Explore one of the Setouchi Islands, ranked 7th in the "52 places to go in 2019," according to the New York Times.
- Visit the lesser-known but good spots guided by a local guide.
- Try seafood from Setouchi, such as oysters, and pick local food along the way.
- Relax in the nostalgic sceneries of Japan that remain on the island.
- Enjoy a friendly tour accompanied by an open-minded local guide.
Gather at Mitaka Port→Meet the guide・introduce yourself to each other, rent a bike→Enjoy cycling on the island (the tour route is made according to your interest)→Break up at Koyo Port
Explore unique spots on the island accessible only by bicycle. Here are model courses.
【Enjoy local food】
There are good spots for foodies such as Kaisen Shokudo which serves fresh sashimi (sliced raw fish) and a restaurant by the sea, reminiscent of a lodge.
【Become familiar with the history to learn the importance of peace】
Etajima was an important base for the former Japanese navy. There are museums and monuments on the island. Your guide will explain the history of the island and take you to the spots where you can appreciate the importance of peace.
【Fully enjoy the special views not seen in the city】
There are many scenic spots not seen in the city such as the road connected to the island that appear at low tide, for example, a beach with a steep cliff that looks like a huge lion, Mt. Hodai with the remains of an old gun battery on its top, and the observation deck from where you can see the beautiful ocean and islands in the Seto Inland Sea. You will travel by bicycle on the side roads where tourists usually do not pass. Don't worry as the local guide will accompany you! Explore special locations on a comfortable electric bicycle in this 3-hour premium tour.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：180 minutes (240 minutes if the option for a meal is selected.)
- Meeting point：Mitaka Port / Miyoshi, Okimi-cho, Etajima-shi, Hiroshima
About 1 hour from Hiroshima station
Hiroshima sta.→Take 'Hiroshima Dentetsu' tram bound for Hiroshima-kou→Get off at Hiroshima-kou (Hiroshima Port) and transfer to a ferry bound for Mitaka-kou (Mitaka Port) (*departure at 9:00) → Arrive at Mitaka-kou at 9:39 ※Please be careful not to be late for the departure of the ferry.
- Language support：English
- Included ：Guide fee, a rental bicycle fee, and insurance fee for bicycle
- Excluded：Ferry fare, food and drink costs, and shopping costs
- Participation requirements ：Height 153cm or more
- Free Wi-Fi ：×
- Toilet(Japanese/Western style)：〇 You can use bathrooms on the way.
- Other things to note：
・No alcohol allowed / Please refrain from participating if you are in bad health or pregnant for safety. / Canceled in case of rain
・The duration may be extended in response to requests from the guest. (For example, to stop by a restaurant for a meal,)
・Please feel free to ask the guide for the time of ferry. ※Only for a private tour
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.