Cycling Tour Around the Gorgeous Setouchi Islands
- Dauer: 180 Minuten (ca.)
- Ort: Etajima city, Hiroshima
- Produkt-Code: EN-HSM-4037-40371
Explore the unique Setouchi Islands, which have recently placed 7th on the New York Times' must-go-destinations list in 2019.
A friendly local guide will guide you around hidden spots that have beautiful island scenery only local people are familiar with. You will be able to reach these spots thanks to an electric bicycle that allows to go farther than just walking by foot.
- Thoroughly experience the uniqueness of the Setouchi Islands, all by bike!
- Follow your guide through amazing hidden spots known only by the locals.
- Learn about the island's unique culture and history, such as the local specialties, oyster farming, and shipbuilding while admiring the islands countryside scenery.
- Take scenic photos from the mountain, which you will be able to reach comfortably thanks to a powerful electric bicycle.
- It will feel like you are visiting the islands with a friend alongside our friendly local guide.
【SCHEDULE】Meet at the Mitaka Port → Meet with guide, self introductions, rental bicycle procedure → Cycle along the sea → Walking along the local path → Cycle along the Sky Road → End at the Koyo Port
Here are some examples of places that you can go on the island while riding an electrical bicycle.
＊Local specialities and oysters! Oyster raft with Seto Inland Sea scenery
Hiroshima Prefecture is famous for its oyster farms. Among them, Etajima has the highest amount of oyster rafts in Japan. This spot next to the calm sea and fit with oyster rafts floating on the sea surface is a special view that cannot be seen anywhere else.
＊Stroll around narrow paths that have a nostalgic cityscape
The islands have only a few flat areas, so most of the houses are built directly on the mountain-side, which creates a unique cityscape. The island's narrow roads have not changed for a long time, giving it a retro touch.
With the bikes, you can go through roads too narrow for cars and gain access to hidden spots with nostalgic sceneries of the island.
＊A sky road! Discover a special road on which the superb view will make you feel like you are flying in the sky
Go through spots on the secret sky road where you can see views of the whole island. This farm road going through the island hills is so secret that only a few cars and people have traversed through it.
Although this road is off the main road and cannot be visited with ordinary sightseeing, it is safe thanks to instruction from the local guide. This is a special place that you will never be able to experience in the city!
Please enjoy our premium 3-hour tour!
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：180 min.
It can be stretched out if you have special drop-in points requests (such as meals, etc).
Please consult the guide for the ferry timetables.
- Meeting point : Mitaka Port / Miyoshi, Okimicho, Etajima City, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Access : About 1 hour from the center of Hiroshima!
Hiroshima Station → Hiroshima Electric Railway (tram) bound for Hiroshima Port → Hiroshima Port (from 9:00) bound for Mitaka Port → Mitaka Port (9:39 arrival) * Please be aware of ferry delays
- Language support：English
- Included：Guiding fee, rental bicycle fee, bicycle insurance
- Excluded : Ferry fee, food and beverages, other purchases
- Participation requirements：Height of over 153 cm
- Free wi-fi : ×
- Toilet : There are some along the road.
Important notes :
No drinking alcohol / If you are sick or are pregnant, we will have to refuse your participation for safety reasons. / The tour will be cancelled if it rains.
【CANCELLATION POLICY】7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.